Early warning of harmful nuclear materials is critical for first responder safety. The Thermo Scientific™ RadEye™ GN+ Gamma Neutron Pager is a highly sensitive radiation detection device that warn of rising levels of gamma and neutron radiation and immediately classify the gamma source (NORM/non NORM). This small, lightweight unit provides clear visual and audio alarms to help emergency services personnel locate radioactive materials in a variety of situations. It is also an excellent tool for expanding the surveillance area of stationary monitoring systems or to verify alarms of such systems.
The Thermo Scientific RadEye GN+ Gamma Neutron Pager has a very high neutron sensitivity that exceeds the time-to-time requirements of ANSI 42.32 and IEC 62401. The RadEye GN+ pager incorporates a single highly sensitive scintillation detector equipped with a miniature photo-multiplier to detect very low radiation levels of both gamma and neutron radiation from any source.
The RadEye GN+ pager contains a Ce doped Cs2LiYCl6 (CLYC) crystal. CLYC provides superior gamma neutron separation, making the RadEye GN+ pager an effective tool even in scenarios of combined gamma neutron fields containing high energy gamma radiation.
- Ideal for law enforcement officers and first responders.
- Small and compact instrument design.
- Very high neutron and gamma sensitivity.
- Immediate classification of gamma source (NORM/non-NORM).
- Energy compensated gamma dose rate.
- Dual gamma/neutron display.
- No false neutron alarms for even intense gamma sources.
- Large LCD display has 8 mm numerals and large clear radiation units. It includes a quick-view bar graph of current count-rate / dose-rate and alarm points, including the floating sigma alarm point, if utilized.
- The RadEye GN+ pager can be fitted with a Bluetooth™ back that can be set to talk to a PC, or to other devices for networking.
- May be worn on a belt.
Alarm Status Display Settings
The RadEye GN+ indicates whether the alarms are due to gamma or neutron by a different colored alarm LED, different tones and flashing the count rate/dose rate display readings with an inverted display background of the alarming channel or both channels as appropriate.
The RadEye GN+ also has different audible alarms, discriminating between elevated background/NORM and any artificial isotope alarm.
The gamma and neutron audible alarms are clearly different. This gives the RadEye GN+ audible and visual identification using NBR of the type of material detected. A bright orange LED for gamma alarms and a bright blue LED for neutron alarm is viewable from the front and above.
When a dual gamma and neutron alarm is detected, both LEDs flash. Both readings on the display are flashed with a reversed background.
- Artificial low energy alarm
- Artificial mid energy alarm
- Artificial high energy alarm
- NORM balanced alarm
- Gross gamma count or dose rate alarms (2 alarm levels)
- Gross neutron count rate alarm
- Gamma dose alarm (2 alarm levels)
- Safety alarm (gamma)