Thermo Scientific™ HFM11 Series high-efficiency Hand and Foot Monitors help to reduce monitoring times; the longer hand detectors provide wrist and forearm coverage and there is an optional frisker probe available for additional monitoring.
The HFM11 provides fast, thorough, hand and foot monitoring with class-leading reliability and ease of use.
The modular “X-channel” platform, with common controller boards and simple cabling, provides for easy, low cost maintenance. It also provides detector intelligence and powerful controller functionality—such as the automated calibration and source checking routines. The X-channel architecture also allows easy retro-fitting of options such as the frisker probe (not available with gas sealed).
- Gas flow measurement handled electronically by on-screen flow graphs and leak and high/low flow alarms
- Scanning software displays optimum voltage to minimize cross-talk between alpha and beta channels and discriminate between X radiation and other interfering radiations
- Large color LCD touch-screen; no keyboard required
- Low power consumption; no cooling fan needed, reducing debris intake
- Solid state flash storage
- Positioning sensors feature photobeams
- Easy-to-maintain detector assemblies; no tools required
- Hex mesh grills for greater detector protection
- Audible and visual alarms
- Alarm settings: By the use of large area calibrated sources or by touch-screen entry of calculated efficiencies
- Background update time: 100 seconds rolling average, with checking for changing background
- Monitoring time: Auto time, 1 to 100 s
- Control: Audible, visual alarms if a hand or foot is out of position
- Indications: Digital screen displays for alpha and beta levels for each hand and foot as well as magnitude and type of contamination
- Probability of false alarm: 0.1 to 10 sigma in 0.1 sigma steps
- Probability of detection: 0 to 10 sigma in 0.1 sigma steps
- Self test: High Voltage, detector response, detector contamination and background level are monitored
- Digital I/O connections: RS-232, Parallel printer port, Ethernet and USB
- Model HFM11-GF offers gas flow (Ar/CH4 or Ar/CO2; flow rate 25 to 50cm3/min.)
- Optional frisker probe available for additional monitoring
Includes: Sophisticated voltage scanning software