Respond quickly and decisively to real radiation threats with the new standard in detection and interdiction of illicit radiation. The Thermo Scientific™ RadEye™ SPRD and SPRD-ER Personal Radiation Detectors are handheld radiation monitors that offer a unique combination of detector sensitivity and intelligent alarming to help ensure detection in the most challenging applications while eliminating nuisance alarms. Additionally, the RadEye SPRD and SPRD-ER radiation detector identifies and categorizes specific types of radiation or radioactive material, and can be configured to support your missions or user skills.
By providing significant detector sensitivity for search and find, combined with accurate high dose rate radiation measurement, the RadEye SPRD-ER is a suitable instrument for all users and may be the only radiation detector you need.
- Faster detection of radiation at greater distances without increasing false alarms
- Faster distinction between potential threats to public safety and non-threat sources (medical or natural)
- Unprecedented count rate and dose rate accuracy across the full spectrum of keV – MeV
- Simplified ID capability for novice to advanced users
- Multiple modes of operation, easily configured to best align with existing radiation detection operating procedures
- New Enhanced NBR identifies artificial radiation while minimizing false alarms
- Extremely high dose rate measurement capabilities (RadEye SPRD-ER) of =1000 R/h (<10 Sv/h) supports users with one unit for search, find, radiation identification and response missions.
- New highly sensitive alarm (RadEye SPRD-ER) for artificial gamma (S-Alarm) supplies extra sensitivity in the range of 90 - 450 keV for effective detection of SNM materials
- Sourceless detector gain stabilization improves radiation identification selectivity and accuracy across the spectrum in varying environmental conditions.
- Stay on mission - detect radiation at greater distances