Rad-Sure™ XR blood irradiation indicators provide positive, visual verification of irradiation at the minimum specified dose. Manufactured from Gafchromic film, the worlds highest resolution dosimeter, Rad-Sure XR has been the standard for blood irradiation indicators for over 25 years.
Before a blood product and its attached indicator are irradiated, the indicator reads "NOT IRRADIATED". After the blood product and its attached indicator are irradiated, the word "NOT" is obscured and the indicator reads "IRRADIATED".
Rad-Sure™ XR irradiation indicators should be used with X-Ray irradiators that utilize X-Rays generated from 160 kVp sources that are filtered through a 0.38 mm of copper or 150 kVp that are filtered through 1 mm of aluminium.
- Indicators can be stored at room temperature
- Not subjective - the product has been properly irradiated when the film turns black and "NOT" is completely obscured
- Color blind friendly - no need to match colors. just read the indicator to know the blood product has been irradiated
- Made with accurate and reliable film used in radiation oncology centers around the world
- Excellent adhesion to blood bags
- Easy to use - just peel, stick, irradiate and read
- ISBT 128 bar-coded LOT numbers
- Minimum dose of 15 Gy or 25 Gy available
- Available with no blank fields (NBF) for operators initials and date