GAFCHROMIC® EBT3 dosimetry film has been designed specifically as a time-and-cost-saving tool that addresses the needs of medical physicists and dosimetrists working in radiotherapy environments.
- No processing required
- Wide exposure range
- Exceptional image resolution
- Large measurement area
- Less sensitive to indoor lighting
- Built-in uniformity indicator
ADDIATIONAL FEATURES OF EBT3
- Anti-Newton coated
It is targeted toward applications in external beam radiotherapy and supports the processor-less environment of the modern hospital.
- Supports all major RT technologies
- Large measurement area
- Develops in real time with no processing (eliminates processing discrepancies)
- Density changes stabilize rapidly
- Energy-independent dose response
- Reduces scattered radiation
- Near tissue-equivalent
- Uniformity better than ± 3% in dose
- High spatial resolution
- Can be handled in room light
- Eliminates the need for a darkroom
- Water resistant, water immersible
- Usable with water phantoms
- Withstands temperatures up to 70°C
- Wide dose range, 1 cGy to > 40 Gy
- Helps avoid Newton’s rings
- Eliminates the expense of a processor
- Eliminates the costs and dangers of photo chemical wastes
- Convenient to handle and easy to cut
- Easily noted on with marker pen (notes easily erased if necessary)
- Cut and shape the film to your needs
- Economical and competitive pricing
- Use with professional flatbed scanner
- Saves time and money, with improved accuracy and outstanding convenience
- Available in two sheet sizes
CONFIGURATION AND STRUCTURE
GAFCHROMIC® EBT3 are made by laminating an active layer between two polyester layers. The polyester surface makes an exceptionally robust product and allows water immersion.
OPTIMIZING THE SENSITOMETRIC RESPONSE
Since the absorbance spectra of the active component of GAFCHROMIC® EBT3 peaks at 636 nm, the sensitivity is maximized by measurement with red light. Transmission densitometers that are commonly used to measure visual density with conventional films are suitable for use with EBT3 film. Better results can be obtained from the red color channel with a color densitometer. Further improvement of results can be obtained by using a narrow band pass filter with central wavelength at about 636 nm and 10 nm bandwidth while making measurements.
A PRECISION 3-LAYER LAMINATED COMPOSITION
Clear Polyester: 50 microns
Active Substrate Layer: 30 microns
Clear Polyester: 175 microns, Approximate thicknesses, actual values may vary slightly.
GAFCHROMIC® EBT3 dosimetry film can also be read with a film scanner or digitizer. As with densitometers, the response of the film can be enhanced if the spectral response of the scanner is matched to the absorbance of the film.
Many high-quality scanners are available to digitize colored films. The Epson® 10000XL PHOTO flatbed color scanner, which is designed to digitize film 8" x 10" in size, and even as large as 12" x 16" in size, is recommended to scan EBT3 film. For doses up to 8 Gy, the Epson® 10000XL provides the most sensitive response for EBT3 film from the red color channel. The green channel can be used to measure doses between 8 Gy and > 40Gy for EBT3. The blue channel provides a response signal for automatic film uniformity enhancement via a special marker dye in the active layer of EBT3 film. The recommended scan orientation for the film is landscape.
PHOTO FLATBED COLOR SCANNER PERFORMANCE (EPSON 10000XL)
The response of GAFCHROMIC® EBT3 dosimetry film is dependent upon factors specific to the facility such as the energy spectrum of the radiation source, the characteristics of the densitometer, film scanner or other means of measurement and the elapsed time between exposure and measurement etc. Therefore, the user should determine the dose-density response under the conditions pertaining to the user's facility and measurement protocol. Since the absolute response of GAFCHROMIC® EBT3 dosimetry film may vary from lot to lot, the user should re-measure response when changing to a new lot number.
Note: The GAFCHROMIC® EBT3 8" x 10" is available with or without holes. These holes are fiducial markers used as guides for the end user.
||1 cGy to > 40 Gy
||14.0" x 17.0" (35.56 x 43.18 cm)
||Film Based (transparent with yellow dye)
||10 pieces per Package