Protection of nuclear facility and nuclear power plant personnel requires thorough, frequent monitoring for gamma contamination using a detection system that won't disrupt plant operations. The Thermo Scientific™ PM12 Personnel Gamma Portal Monitor provides simplified but advanced monitoring capability for workers, articles and waste well below clearance levels. The unit has eight identical large gamma-sensitive plastic scintillation detectors to provide coverage from head to feet and accomodates traffic flow in either direction for reliable radiation detection in an efficiently-running process.
The PM12 Personnel Gamma Portal Monitor features eight identical, large gamma-sensitive plastic scintillation detectors; three detector assemblies are located in each side of the portal, with additional detectors to monitor the head and feet. The monitor may be used in five modes: walk-through, one step, two step, three step, stand and turn.
- Operates in minimum count time or maximum sensitivity mode.
- Checks individual detectors levels.
- Continuously checks for changing background levels during the measurement.
- Vertical system lights are located on both sides of the portal frame indicate operational status.
- Quick Scan and Quick Background significantly reduce counting time without compromising the statistical probabilities of detection or false alarm.
- Separate 60Co and gross alarm levels provide higher alarm sensitivity.
- 16 SUM Zones with individual alarms.
- PC controlled, with embedded Windows operating system.
- Stores all background, measurement, source checking, event log, voltage scanning to an internal SQL database for report generation.
- Set-up, configuration and diagnostic information accessible via a touchscreen LCD or an optional external PC.
- User screens and voice prompts in a wide range of user-selectable languages.
- Dongle security, with three security levels.
- Battery and sensor diagnostics.
- Calibration integrity checking.
- Video camera, barcode reader and EPD reader options.