Get reliable performance verification of your radiation detection equipment without the inconsistencies of conventional check sources. From beta contamination probes through gamma scintillators to high resolution detectors, Thermo Scientific™ Lutetium Test Adapters provide reliable results without half life correction, transport or decay/disposal issues. These innovative test adapters use high-purity natural lutetium oxide to produce a totally constant and homogeneous surface emission rate with well-defined, reproducible results, regardless of variances in the lutetium-oxide ceramics.
Lutetium Test Adapters offer unique advantages. The rare earth element lutetium contains the isotope Lu-176 with 3.6 E10 years half-life and a natural abundance of 2.6% which yields a highly reproducible and uniform activity of the pure element lutetium of about 50 Bq/g.
- There is no need for error-prone half-life correction or for reoccurring purchase of the (decayed) check sources.
- All test adapters of the same type have virtually the same activity.
- Beta-type adapters provide nearly identical surface emission rates.
- The design of specially shaped enclosures and high-density Lu2O3 ceramics minimizes the required activity for small-size detectors.
- Under US DOT or IATA rules for dangerous goods shipments, these adapters are not considered as radioactive material due to their natural origin and low specific activity.
Beta/Gamma Test Adapters
50mm diameter disk type
- High-precision, low-energy test adapters for performance verification of the RadEye B20 and other instruments with pancake detector.
- 9g Lutetiumoxid inlay (D: 40mm x 1mm height).
- Housing made of acrylic glas (D: 50mm x 3mm height).
- Typical net count rate for RadEye B20: 6 cps.
110cm² rectangular type
- Test adapters for large area beta contamination probes like RadEye AB100.
- Inherently homogeneous surface emission rate of 0.8 particles per cm2·s.
- Perfect for training and calibration.
- 80g Lutetiumoxid inlay (Surface area: 74 × 148mm).
- Total size: 120 × 200 × 5mm total size.
Gamma Test Adapter for Portable Instruments
Test Adapter for RadEye PRD
- Specially shaped lutetium test adapter to match RadEye PRD housing.
- 36g Lu2O3.
- Typical net count rate for RadEye PRD: 100 cps.
- Triggers indication of low energy NBR alarm at the RadEye PRD display.
- Carrying case included.
62mm diameter disk type (sealed housing)
- Universal gamma test adapter for portable scintillation detectors and gamma spectroscopy.
- 50g Lutetiumoxid ceramics (D: 55 × 3mm height) within sealed aluminum housing (D × H: 62 × 7mm height).
- Typical net count rate for 2 × 2in. NaI(Tl) detectors: 300 cps.
- Artifical NBR alarm for FHZ 672 E-10 or RadEye NBR.
Gamma Test Adapters for Stationary Radiation Portal Monitors (RPM)
Dual disk with total 100g Lutetiumoxid
- Dual-disc design has a typical net count rate for large area detectors of 1000 cps; 171 × 61 × 17mm (aluminium housing); (2x) D × H: 55 × 3mm (Lu2O3 ceramics).
- Can be mounted directly to FHT 1388 area detectors (plastic housing); also available with holder for monitors with metal enclosure (ASM/SGS installations).
Quad-disc with total 200g Lutetiumoxid
- Quad-disc design has a typical net count rate for large area detectors of 2000 cps; recommended for locations with higher background; (4x) D × H: 55 × 3mm (Lu2O3 ceramics).
- Mounts directly to FHT 1388 area detectors (plastic housing); also available with holder for monitors with metal enclosure (ASM/SGS installations).
NOTE: Under US DOT or IATA rules for dangerous goods shipments, these adapters are NOT considered as radioactive material due to their natural origin and low specific activity.