Moldcare® IMRT Head Cushion is an advanced molding technique to comfortably immobilize patients during radiation therapy. A choice of four sizes accommodates virtually all patient treatment needs. These pillows offer customizable forms that quickly and easily mold patient posture to the exact position needed for treatment. They require only a light misting of water, about 10 minutes of patient time and 10 minutes to dry. When treatment is finished, the MOLDCARE Pillow can be shrunk using an autoclave for easy disposal.
- Easily conformable
- Aides in stabilizing the patient
- Affords the patient a greater level of comfort
- Molds specifically to the patient
Easy to use:
- Remove the MOLDCARE® IMRT Head Cushion from the aluminum foil package.
- Fill a spray bottle with room temperature or lukewarm water (up to 40ºC/105ºF).
- Push the spray bottle nozzle slightly against the pillow and spray a shot of water into the pillow.
- Repeat a few times, approximately every 10 cm, to ensure uniform dampening.
- Place the patient's head on the cushion, making sure that the Thermoplastic Mask will fit over pillow and form pillow as desired.
- Wait 5-10 minutes until the pillow is set.
- The pillow will continue to harden at room temperature over the next 10 minutes.